The Old Continent, as some refer to it, is a perennial favorite among world travelers. It’s no surprise, given that Europe is well-connected, secure, and simply charming.
From the beach and parties in Spain to the romance of Paris and the culture of Rome, each European nation has its own personality and distinct experiences to offer.
Visiting Europe :
Europe is also very visa-friendly. The entire Schengen area (26 member states) has implemented the same visa and immigration policy. This means that you will be able to access some of the world’s most visited countries with just one visa or travel permit.
Checking these online passport services, where you can find the visas required for your passport all over the world, is a good way to find out if your citizenship or passport will require a visa for Schengen.
After passing through passport control upon arrival, you will no longer be required to display your documents at European borders. A fantastic method to save time and money on visa fees.
However, Europe is vast and there is much to see. You will have to make decisions unless you take a sabbatical year or become a digital nomad. In this piece, you’ll learn about Europe’s most popular cities and which ones you should include on your itinerary.
Europe, as one of the world’s most popular vacation locations, has a lot to offer visitors. From a pint of beer at Munich’s infamous Oktoberfest to biting into a flaky croissant in Saint Germain as the everyday life of Paris passes you by, this is Europe at its finest! If you’re considering a trip to Europe, these are the most visited countries to help you plan your own adventure.
Europe is home to many famous destinations that attract millions of tourists each year. Here are some of the most well-known:
- Paris, France – Known as the “City of Light,” Paris is famous for its beautiful architecture, art museums, fashion, and cuisine.
- Rome, Italy – Home to iconic landmarks such as the Colosseum and the Vatican City, Rome is a city rich in history and culture.
- Barcelona, Spain – Famous for its art and architecture, Barcelona is also known for its beautiful beaches and vibrant nightlife.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands – Famous for its picturesque canals and narrow houses, Amsterdam is also known for its museums, nightlife, and bike culture.
- London, United Kingdom – Home to iconic landmarks such as Big Ben, the Tower Bridge, and Buckingham Palace, London is a cosmopolitan city with a rich history.
- Vienna, Austria – Famous for its classical music, imperial palaces, and coffeehouses, Vienna is a city with a rich cultural heritage.
- Berlin, Germany – Known for its art scene, nightlife, and historical landmarks such as the Berlin Wall, Berlin is a city that blends the
According to the World Tourism Organization (UNWTO), the top 10 most visited destinations in Europe by international tourist arrivals in 2019 were:
- France – 89 million visitors
- Spain – 83.7 million visitors
- Italy – 62.1 million visitors
- Turkey – 51.2 million visitors
- Germany – 39.6 million visitors
- United Kingdom – 36.3 million visitors
- Russia – 29.8 million visitors
- Austria – 28.1 million visitors
- Greece – 27.2 million visitors
- Portugal – 24.6 million visitors
Europe is home to some of the most beautiful and culturally rich destinations in the world. From the romantic streets of Paris to the picturesque canals of Venice, there is no shortage of amazing places to visit.
If you’re looking for history and culture, consider destinations like Rome, Athens, and Barcelona. These cities are full of museums, monuments, and landmarks that offer a glimpse into Europe’s rich past.
If you’re looking for natural beauty, there are plenty of options as well. Consider the fjords of Norway, the beaches of the Greek islands, or the stunning countryside of Tuscany.
And let’s not forget about the food! Europe is a culinary delight, with each country offering its own unique cuisine. Be sure to indulge in the local specialties and try some new dishes while you’re there.
Overall, Europe is a destination that has something to offer everyone. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, nature, or food, there is sure to be a European destination that will capture your heart and leave you with memories to last a lifetime.